To find out if there are any positions currently available, please visit Idealist.org.
Free Arts provides unpaid internship opportunities in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Fall Internships are now OPEN.
The positions available for Fall 2017 are FAD Corporate Intern, FAD Data Intern, FAD Materials Intern, Social Media Intern, Graphic Design Intern, and Special Events Intern.
The deadlines for Fall 2017 internships are as follows:
Priority deadline: July 15, Final deadline: August 1
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
Free Arts NYC interns can expect a well-rounded internship experience that includes exposure to the workings of a busy non-profit office and direct service through our core arts mentoring programs.
Whether working with our Program Team to support and manage one of our core arts mentoring programs or with our Development Team assisting with event planning and fundraising, interns are an integral part of the organization and we pride ourselves on providing a learning, professional development focused environment.
WHAT FREE ARTS INTERNS CAN EXPECT
- A well-rounded internship experience that includes office time and potential for “on-the-ground” service in one of our programs working with youth and families
- Training and support from a direct staff supervisor and our Engagement and Outreach Manager
- A clear work plan with a variety of projects that provide a full view of the work of the organization
- Weekly meetings with your supervisor
- Professional Development opportunities including 2-3 structured opportunities to meet with staff to discuss career paths, resumes, interviews, and more
- A team-oriented, passionate work environment
- Opportunity to build resume worthy skills in non-profit management and development
- First-hand knowledge of the ways in which access to the arts can empower underserved youth and communities!
WHAT FREE ARTS EXPECTS FROM INTERNS
- A commitment and passion for our mission
- 10-25 hours of your time each week (depending on your schedule) for 8-12 weeks
- Attention to detail, willingness to learn, and work collaboratively
All internship positions are unpaid, but we are happy to work with students earning credit. Free Arts accepts applications from non-students over the age of 18, undergraduate, and graduate students.
- Complete the intern application via this link.
- Email a current resume and a cover letter indicating which internship you are applying for, why you think you would be a good match for the role, and what you would like to learn during your internship, to Adelina, Operations Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secure two references. Please share this link with your references and let them know which internship you are applying for.